Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dragonvale App for iPhone

I have been fully engrossed in the DragonVale App from BackFlip studios. It's one of those world/scene-building apps like Sims, Tapfish, or FarmVille, and is so addictive.

In DragonVale you begin with some red gems and coins, allowing you to buy your first dragon eggs. Once they hatch, you feed them with treats that you make with Treat Farms. When the dragons grow to level 4 you can  breed them together to create rare hybrid dragons. As your dragons fly, crawl and swim around, they earn coins, allowing you to buy more treats, dragon habitats and decorations.


The island is essentially a dragon theme park, which is visited by wizards, princesses and other characters that teleport in and out of the park. The more  dragons you have, the more visitors you get.

If you like, you can exchange gems with online friends, however, I have not tried that out yet.

You can look up online breeding guides to determine with dragons to breed together. The baby dragons are irresistible, however they begin to look a bit awkward as they reach level 7.

BackFlip updates the game on a regular basis, adding new dragons and decor.

Give this game a try. It is quite fun and very addictive, but I believe I'm practicing patience as some eggs take days to hatch and, currently, I only have room for two eggs in the Hatchery.

My current goal is to breed a Love Dragon, but I need to make more treats to get my dragons to level 10. 

I love this game! You will too!


1 comment:

  1. I play dragonvale and i love it! It's very addicting as well im currently on level 11.
    Now that ive got a breeding cave im breeding like crazy and now i have poison lichen and another which i dont know. very fun game.i have 0 gems the thing said u earn gems in the colaseum i dont think so i only got DC.

    ReplyDelete