Tuesday, April 3, 2012

"Game of Thrones" season 2 episode 1

So, I just watched the season 2 premiere of G.O.T. I've read all the available books in the series, so I found myself relieved that the episode was over. Ouch!


It wasn't a bad episode. I just know what's going to happen way, way into the show's future. That's all.


I'll continue to watch the show and, hopefully, enjoy it. It's just such a dense book. Can they continue to do the books justice? I've formed my own ideas of what the new characters should look like and am not so happy with some of the casting choices.


Melisandre is nice enough looking, but I really pictured someone more dangerously beautiful and seductive...with better hair.


Isn't that comet kind of big? The comet takes a while to travel across the sky in the books. It just seems to me that a comet that bright would be much closer to the earth and would travel faster? Ah, but I'm not an astronomer, and I'm too lazy to evaluate the physical accuracy of such things. I may be way off.


Joffrey is a murderous jerk, that is accurate enough, and, though he fits the part physically, I expected Sandor's voice to be much rougher.


Daenerys certainly sounded like a leader when she decisively ordered her men to scout ahead to find any evidence of civilization, and, awwww, aren't her dragons cute?!!! Let them eat horse!


I like John Snow. He has the right expressions on his face for a young man trying to figure out his place in the world. I'm not fond of Rob Stark and I can't take him seriously anymore, now that I know what happens to him in the near future. Caitlin? Stop abandoning your children! Oh, but you have to, I know.


I'm still deciding whether the episode felt rushed. So many important parts of the book were crammed into the 55 minutes of show. That is what tends to happen when books are turned into film, so I should be forgiving and enjoy it for what it is.


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment